The train station: A highly frequented place with special demands on outdoor furniture
The Erlau brand has been a contract partner to Deutsche Bahn for many years and thereby proves its excellent skills as a manufacturer of high-quality station furniture. Train stations are highly frequented places, which need to withstand the wind and weather. Of course, this heavy use must also be taken into account for the furniture. Vandalism-resistant, for use all-year round and corrosion resistance are the main requirements here.
Train station furniture for Deutsche Bahn
With Erlau brand outdoor furniture, you will be relying on a manufacturer with over 50 years of experience. Thanks to outstanding quality, the furniture is safe and sturdy. There are some special features for the furniture at German railway stations:
- In each case, the DB standard model is the wire mesh variant, in which the seat surface consists of a dense grid of metal bars. It is balanced between pressure sensation (largest possible surface) and heat or cold sensation (smallest possible metal surface) and large air cushions. In addition, a thick sheathing around the wire rods ensures comfortable sitting.
- The risk of damage to clothing and people due to the effects of vandalism is almost completely prevented by the use of 4 mm thick wires whose ends are not exposed.
- In the equipment comfort line, planking with a wooden surface (pagwood) is provided. This is a high-strength material, which is particularly scratch-resistant and weatherproof.
- Different fixing variants are available for all seat benches. For wind and weather protection, the benches or crossbars are hung and screwed into grid 22 - standard connections. For wall-mounted systems, there are adapters that can be dowelled to solid walls.
- Free-standing benches can stand without a foundation by means of a large base plate or be firmly anchored.
- Wire ends enclosed in special profile prevent wilful leverage
- Welded wire mesh bolt support for extreme loads
- Collision protection through metal frame edging.
10-year anti-rust guarantee.
Erlau furniture is vortex-sintered and has an extreme layer thickness of min. 350 μm. This makes the surface water-repellent. Erlau furniture can be used all year round thanks to thermal insulation.
The non-porous, smooth surface made of Rilsan allows for optimal cleaning - even with a high-pressure cleaner. The surface also helps to ensure that the furniture is hardly susceptible to soiling. The furniture is cleaned when it rains.
Erlau furniture is coated with an anti-graffiti coating that serves as a permanent protection against resins, lacquers, adhesives and dirt.